We have the most amazing friends in the world. Hands down. I've always thought of Barnabas in the Bible as a great friend, an encourager. Our friends are encouragers and supporters. Our friends are just like Barnabas.
Time and time again, friends are asking how they can help fundraise for our journey to Guatemala. A group of amazing Barnabases are planning our next fundraiser.
On June 13 at 6:30 PM, there will be a team of people running/walking a 1.0 mile race and a team running a 4.0 mile race in downtown Wilmington.
These amazing runners/walkers are getting friends and family to sponsor them and donating all their proceeds to our Guatemalan journey.
How can you help?
1. Run along with us and get sponsors! If you would like to run, sign up here: http://its-go-time.com/event-registration?ee=68 and also let us know so we can include you on our team. The cost of the race is $25 (4.0 miles) and $20 (1.0) plus $10 for the discounted cost of the team t-shirt. Then go out and get sponsors! Sponsorship forms will be provided so let us know as soon as you sign up and we will send you information.
2. Sponsor our team. Support an individual runner or the team as a whole!
3. As always, pray for us. Pray for a safe race for all of the runners and walkers, pray for God to be glorified and pray for this to be a successful fundraiser.
4. Buy a t-shirt! For non-runners the t-shirt is $20. Shipping for out of the area buyers is $3 for 1-3 shirts and free shipping on orders of 4 or more shirts. Place your order on the website below and send payment to PayPal email@example.com. http://www.customink.com/signup/3217624v
Tuesday, April 23, 2013
We copied this from a friend who shared our blog on their Facebook wall...
$7 a day...
If you haven't heard by now, the Townsend's are beginning a mission to Guatemala. We are asking people to partner with them by putting aside $7 per day.
Why seven? Let's have fun with this. Seven is a significant number in the Bible (signifies completion, perfection, fullness) and $7 a day would add up quickly! If twenty people donate $7 a day, the Townsend family would be set with their monthly costs!
With the "fullness" of your support, the Townsend family would be able to move forward on this path. We understand that it will happen in His "perfect" timing. Therefore, their departure is dependent upon full funding.
If you'd like to help, you can set up your monthly contribution ($7x30 days =$210 a month) or the amount the Lord leads you to donate at:
Wednesday, April 3, 2013
Tuesday, April 2, 2013
And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
After months of figuring and re-figuring and asking for advice from other missionaries in Guatemala, we have compiled a projected budget for our two year journey.
We share this with you for a number of reasons:
1. You will know how to specifically pray for our financial needs.
2. You can pray for God to show you how you might be able to specifically help us with our financial needs.
3. You can come alongside our journey and be a blessing to many!
4. Watch the Lord do a mighty work and give Him all the glory along the way!
FAMILY OF 8 (two years projected)
Living Expenses (rent) - $1000
Utilities - $500
Driving (bus/tuktuk, etc.) - $200
Food/Necessities - $800
Schooling/Supplies - $600
Medical Needs - $200
Giving/Taxes - $820
Total Monthly = $4,120 (monthly x 24 months = $98,880)
Residency Fees - $16,000
Flights - $12,000
Total 24 Months = $98,880
TOTAL NEEDED TO RAISE = $126,880
I will praise the name of God with song, And shall magnify Him with thanksgiving.