We've wanted to blog for a while now but really don't even know where to start.
Life has taken us by storm since we got back from the states. We've been super busy (like everyone!) so we're going to list bullet points to let you know what's been happening with our family here in Guatemala.
- Jude started going to preschool two doors down from our house. It's wonderfully close and he LOVES it. He says he wants to go there for the "rest of his life." The teachers include him in all of the activities and he's picking up Spanish quickly!
- The girls are being homeschooled. Sigh. This is both awesome and tiresome. They're doing well and we thank God for a few independent learners. ;)
- Joseph is doing well. He's still learning how to spoon feed himself. It's taking more time than we ever imagined but we are grateful for the strides he's made.
- Jack's role has changed considerably. He's still making pre and post home visits but now he's busy writing up reports and family biographies and it involves a lot of time and paperwork. Visiting families is still his favorite part of the day.
- We had our first hospital experience! Jack had to get some stitches when he grabbed onto the metal roof to keep from falling. Let's say hospitals are very different here!
- We've had two friends/families visit from the states. It was a joy to share the ministry with them and they enjoyed delivering a water filter.
- We hiked Volcano de Pacaya...again. Annabelle and Sophie twice, once with us and once with a team. The girls love being involved with the teams.
- Susie is cooking on Thursday and Fridays. It's a huge job, which she could NOT do without the girls. Sometimes we struggle with guilt because we truly depend on them for so much. They are amazing young ladies, both strong and helpful. We thank God for them.
- Sophie and Annabelle started going to a Bible study for girls her age. They're studying Acts. They have made some terrific friends.
- We have built Mil Casas house numbers 1-7. We are on track to build 100 this year.
- Sophie, Annabelle and Ava helped make lasagna for 50 two days ago. Susie was unavailable but the girls filled in with the help of another adult.
- Jack will be assisting with 5 house builds next week alone! We have over 600 people coming to build homes, deliver water filters and volunteer over the next 8 months. So exciting!
Thanks for hanging in with us. We hope to be more consistent with our blog in the future. Also, our Spring newsletter is coming out soon! Check your email!
Jack and Susie