"...great joy which will be to all people."

Luke 2:10 Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people."

Friday, October 11, 2013

Lessons Learned Along the Way

We have mentioned in the past how humbling fundraising is.  Over the past 8 years, we have personally fundraised for our adoptions, friends' adoptions and ASOH Orphan Ministry and now to serve in Guatemala.

I have learned a few things about myself through fundraising:

*  It is ALWAYS easier to fundraise for someone else.

*  Sometimes I want to cringe when I post fundraisers for our adoptions/missions.

*  I have absolutely no problem with people fundraising for their adoption/mission/cause.  I encourage it.

*  It is a huge honor when someone asks to host a fundraiser for you.

*  I am determined to find joy in fundraising.  It's a work in process.

*  I have learned more about the WHOLE body of Christ through fundraising.  I have SEEN it.  People enthusiastically donate time, money, and/or talents.  Everyone has a place and together great things happen.

*  God is HUGE.  He is faithful.  He always shows Himself BIG.

*  Few people can give BIG and get it done.

*  Many people can give SMALL and get it done.

*  God makes it all possible.  Matthew 19:26:  Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."


Are you fundraising?  Have you fundraised in the past?  Let me know about it!  Leave a comment!


No comments:

Post a Comment