"...great joy which will be to all people."

Luke 2:10 Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people."

Friday, January 3, 2014

I Believe


By now some of you may have heard Audio Adrenaline's song, Believer.  Please watch the video if you have not seen it.  Powerful.

It is about a young boy who seems to be having difficulty learning to surf when he witnesses a blind man surfing.  It's a true story and a documentary is being made about this visually impaired man.   Incredibly inspirational.

Of course I was originally drawn to the video because I have a child who is 100% blind.  He does not see light, he sees nothing but complete darkness.  And yet, I know and believe God has a great, huge plan for his life.   Just like he does for the blind man in the video, just like he does for the sighted boy who had little faith he would ever surf.

We can do so much through Him.  We can go places we never thought we would go, we can grow in ways we never anticipated.  The song begins with, "I want to live this life unsafe, unsure, but not afraid" and that's what I want.  I want this for each of my children, for my husband and for myself.  I want us to rely on Him because we believe.  I want us to lose our lives and watch Him move.  Way less of me and way more of Him.

The words to the song, Believer:

I want to live this life unsafe, unsure, but not afraid
What I want is to give all I got somehow
Giving up letting go of control right now

'Cause I'm already out here, blind but I can see
I see the way You're moving
God how I believe that

I can push back the mountains, can stand on the waves
I can see through the darkness, I'll hold up the flame
Take me to the ocean I want to go deeper
I'm not afraid no, I'm a believer

And so I lose this life to find my way and come alive
They can try to deny what's inside of me
But there is more, can't ignore all the things unseen

Oh I believe I can walk on water with You alone

When I walk through the valley of the shadows
When I'm trapped in the middle of the battle
I will trust in You
'Cause trouble comes, but You never let it take me
I hold fast 'cause I know that You will save me
I will trust in You, I will trust in You

Oh here I stand all alone waiting on You, Lord
Waiting on You

No comments:

Post a Comment