"...great joy which will be to all people."

Luke 2:10 Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people."

Saturday, April 11, 2015

We are Family!

We are probably the *luckiest* expats here!  My Aunt Betty Lee came in November, my Aunt Karen and Uncle Mike just left after visiting for three weeks and my parents have been here twice since we arrived 9 months ago.  In July, my sister and her family will visit with my parents!  So thankful.  My family rocks support.

On Saturday, we drove my Aunt Karen, Uncle Mike, Mom and Dad through the town of Pastores to show them some homes the IDC building ministry has built.

On Monday, my uncle and parents went with Jack to help build a home for a family of 8.  They have 6 children, 4 of which have special needs.  They were so grateful for their new home.  And I am so grateful my family was able to assist with this amazing ministry.

It is a very special gift to have our family visit us in Guatemala.  In addition to sharing this wonderful ministry, we get to enjoy walking all around this gorgeous town, playing cards, and visiting touristy destinations with them.  





Building the home! 

They worked extremely hard!  I am so proud of them!
My mom had the honor of giving the family their house keys. 

In this picture, my Aunt Karen is dying Easter eggs with the kids.  My aunt and uncle also brought a ton of goodies, which filled their Easter baskets.  They spoiled them!


Thank you, Uncle Mike and Aunt Karen for a very special visit.  We will miss you!








PS We have amazing friends, too!  Another awesome family is visiting in November and we can't wait to see them, as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment