"...great joy which will be to all people."

Luke 2:10 Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people."

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Visit to the US: Mentors

Proverbs 27:17 Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another. 


When I was in high school, I met a teacher who was a fellow believer.  She was an incredibly strong woman of faith who mentored me through the crazy years of high school, the challenges of living far from home in college, engagement, marriage and children.  My mentor and friend, Angela, tells it like it is.  Her honesty and prayers have helped mold my faith and walk.  I am extremely thankful for the opportunity to visit with her for just a few short hours in Winston-Salem last week.  Every time we get together, it's a gift.  







Psalm 145:4:  One generation shall commend your works to another, and shall declare your might acts.


So as an opportunity to pass on some of the wisdom Angela gave me, I had the blessing of being a mentor to a young girl named Kimberly many years ago.  We had a blast getting to know one another, praying together and having tons of fellowship time.  She is a precious young girl who understood I was a mom to a bunch of kids and sometimes we would just meet in the parking lot of dance or she would tag along when I went grocery shopping.  Kimberly was a terrific teenager who babysat our kids, came to our family birthdays and holiday get-togethers.   This past year, Kimberly graduated from college and now teaches in Charlotte.  She will likely become the next mentor to a young girl.  Last week, she also came to visit us in Winston-Salem and we had the privilege of spending some time together.  I am so proud of the young lady she has become and I look forward to seeing what the Lord has planned for her!





No comments:

Post a Comment