"...great joy which will be to all people."

Luke 2:10 Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people."

Thursday, May 12, 2016

A Post Written By Annabelle

On Monday, April 25th I went to a school, with a team, to volunteer. When we first got there all of the kids were standing in a large circle. Two teachers were in the middle. The kids said hello to us and then someone turned on some music. One person in the team brought a guitar and started singing.  Soon everyone was singing, dancing and having fun while worshipping God. 

I was standing to the side, just observing, when a little boy came over, took my hand and brought me over to worship with him and some of his friends. 

Later, the team split up into groups, one to give out the drinks and and one to go play soccer with some of the kids. I decided to give out the drinks.  The kids were so grateful and sweet.  Once when I was playing with the Pre-K class I asked the energetic kids to guess how old I was.  One of them guessed 200!  Playing with the kids was so much fun! 


After we left the school for the day, we went to deliver water filters to the school kids' families.  One of the fathers explained to us his struggle with alcohol.  As he broke down in tears, he asked us to pray over him.  We all laid hands on him and prayed.  The father asked us to keep him in our prayers and started crying, then we all did. 

By the end of the day we were all exhausted, but it was worth it.  I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know these kids and being able to play with them.  I would love come back here someday to work in, or open up, a facility like that.  They are not only creating a new generation of believers but also ministering to the kids' parents. 

"Jesus said,  'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.'"

Matthew 19:14

No comments:

Post a Comment