"...great joy which will be to all people."

Luke 2:10 Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people."

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Belated June Update

June was a busy month!  What's new with us?

First, we moved out of the beach house at Topsail 6 weeks ago and moved in with my parents.  Aren't they lucky?  ;)  Within two weeks of moving in with them, my two nephews and niece joined us for a prolonged vacation and this week my other niece and nephew are staying here so we have 11 kids in the house.  SO MUCH FUN!  I love my brother and sister, their spouses and kids so this is really a special treat for me.  It will be a while until we see them again so I am trying to soak up every minute.

After 16 years at Topsail High School, Jack handed in his resignation letter in June.  I don't think he was prepared for the mixed emotions he experienced.  Although he is super excited to start work with Iglesia del Camino in Guatemala, he will miss teaching.  He has grown so much as a teacher and role model.  He has gained valuable friendships and had the opportunity to work with some great colleagues. I am really proud of him.  It's a huge leap of faith to resign from a career that provides financial and job security.  God has given both of us such peace and unity with this move which has allowed us to move forward with comfort and joy.

Cornerstone Community Church in West Virginia partnered with us a few months ago.  We had a wonderful opportunity to visit with our brothers and sisters in Vienna, West Virginia a few weeks ago. Our friends at Cornerstone welcomed us with open arms and we were able to spend a good amount of time in fellowship.  An added blessing was spending time with two of the youth we worked with in youth ministry years ago who are now much bigger, smarter and stronger (one is married!) and also with a former pastor and his wife.  Giant blessing.

We were also grateful to spend time with one of my dear friends, who I have known for over 20 years. Angela has been my mentor for over half of my life and I am so thankful we had the opportunity to spend a short time with her.  The kids adore her and find her "hysterical" so it was a blessing for all of us.

During the last week in June, we went to OBX and spent a week having a blast with 40 of my relatives.  This reunion is something we strive to accomplish every 2 years and I am already looking forward to swimming, playing, fishing, laughing, and joking with my cousins, aunts and uncles in 2016.

So now what?

We leave in less than two weeks.  HUGE.  A few weeks ago I told Jack I felt like I was in denial because I wasn't nervous or hesitant.  I was worried that I wasn't worried!  HA!  I can now assure you that I have butterflies (and I find myself missing my family and friends already) but the delight and passion I have for Guatemala and IDC ministry is overwhelming and exciting!




No comments:

Post a Comment