"The name Judas comes from the Hebrew 'Judah,' which means 'praise.' Judas is the Hebrew spelling, while Jude is Greco-Roman."
I love that! It's a great reminder to praise God every time this loveable boy snuggles on my lap, kisses me all over the face, runs around the house with more energy than I can fathom, holds my hand as we walk to school and so much more!
Jude, affectionately known as "Teddy" at church and "Samuel" at school (Jude is difficult to pronounce here) is such a gift to us.
Our first boy after parenting four girls was a completely new experience for us. It's an honor and we are still adjusting to his energy! ;)
What does Jude like to do in Guatemala?
* Jude loves school! We are so thankful that he has completed a full year of pre-school in Guatemala and now speaks Spanish! He enjoys playing with his good friend, Juan Pablo.
* Jude absolutely loves going with Joaquin to visit homes. Joaquin is almost like a grandparent to Jude and gives him lots of attention.
* Jude asks a ton of questions. It doesn't matter if he's met you for the first time or he's known you a long time, he will ask all about your car, your house, your job, anything! He likes to know how things work and his biggest desire right now is to learn how to drive a car. Or a truck. Or a tractor.
How can you pray for Jude?
* Jude just started his school vacation. In January, he will begin Kindergarten/First Grade. He is eager to learn how to read.
* It's not easy doing school with the older girls when Jude is home. He's a blast to have back at home but it's challenging to do school work with his energy. Pray for all of us.
* Please pray for us as we parent this rambunctious, loving, little guy! We cherish his affection and sweet spirit. We are so blessed.