"...great joy which will be to all people."

Luke 2:10 Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people."

Monday, December 7, 2015

Super Teams!

It warms my heart when people from the US take a vacation week to come down to Guatemala to work.  Volunteering to work the week of Thanksgiving, just blows my mind.  I love everything about Thanksgiving.  Being reminded to give thanks to our Creator for all that He is just humbles me.  It also humbles me when a person leaves the comforts of their home and their family to spend the week of Thanksgiving building homes.  FIVE homes to be exact.  Two teams came down the week of Thanksgiving and built FIVE homes, in addition to working at Campos de Suenos Feeding Center.  These individuals ROCK.  I had the gift of getting to know them this week.  My family made friends that we will know for life.  

Here are some pictures taken from Thanksgiving week:




Climbing up the hill with all the house supplies.  Often the vans can't park near the house so they have to make a trek carrying the materials.




Such a great, hard working team!




Ava Mae and Annabelle joined one of the teams throughout the week.  They were able to assist with two house builds, in addition to climbing Pacaya with the group.




Another awesome family received a home!  Love the after pictures!




Our daughters made a new friend.  What a treat it was for our girls to hang out with her all week.  They now have a new pen pal and they're already begging her to come back soon!


  

As I mentioned earlier, these two teams were super!  They worked extremely hard and we give thanks to God for their generosity and lovingkindness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment